Italian Sausage Pasta
This Italian Sausage Pasta recipe is quick, easy and very very tasty. This has become a regular meal for us as the boyfriend loves it (yay!)
Italian Sausage Pasta with Cream and Tomatoes: (Serves 6)
– 1 pack (340 grams/12 ounces) of bow tie/penne pasta
– Dash of olive oil
– 3-4 regular size Italian sausages (depending on how much meat you like)
– 1/2 a teaspoon of ground red cayenne powder
– 1/2 cup of red onion, roughly chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
– 1 can (411 grams/28 ounce) of Italian diced tomatoes, drained.
– 2 ripe large tomatoes, diced.
– 1 cup of cream
– 1/2 cup of light sour cream
– Salt and pepper
– Good bunch of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
– 1 cup of spinach, roughly chopped.
1. Cook the pasta as instructed on the package.
2. De-case the sausages and throw away their skins. This is easily done by running a knife down the length of the sausage and peeling it off. (Sounds a bit rude, doesn’t it!) Crumble the sausage.
3. Heat the oil in a large fry pan (or skillet as the American’s call it)
4. Add crumbled sausage and cayenne pepper and cook until brown.
5. Add garlic and onion and cook until the onion is tender.
6. Add all tomatoes, and half of the parsley and stir in. Then add the cream and sour cream, along with a good dash of salt and pepper.
7. Simmer on low heat for 8-10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
8. Stir cooked pasta into the sauce.
9. Serve, and sprinkle with rest of parsley and a good serving of freshly grated parmesan cheese.